“RUN FOR RARE”
Run for a Cause
“Day by Day, hand in hand, we can give Hope”
A campaign in the awareness of Rare Diseases.
- There are 6,000-8,000 rare diseases
- 75% of rare diseases affect children
- 30% of rare disease patients die before the age of 5
- 80% of rare diseases have identified genetic origins
- Other rare diseases are the result of infections (bacterial or viral), allergies and environmental causes, or are degenerative and proliferative
Common” characteristics of rare diseases
- Rare diseases are often chronic, progressive, degenerative, and life-threatening
- Rare diseases are disabling: the quality of life of patients is often compromised by the lack or loss of autonomy
- High level of pain and suffering for the patient and his/her family
- No existing effective cure for most rare disease
Philippine Society for Orphan Disorders: http://www.psod.org.ph/
FB Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/743612279079684/
February 22, 2015
Greenfield City, Sta. Rosa, Laguna.
Assembly time: 4:30am
Categories/ Fee / Gunstart:
10k Php 500 5:00 am
3k Php 400 6:00 am
1k Php 300 6:10 am
How to Register?
1. Deposit the amount corresponding to your desired race category (e.g Php 500 for 10k) to:
BPI Current account: 3361-0040-26
Account name: Philippine Society for Orphan Disorders Inc.
2. Send a copy of your deposit slip to firstname.lastname@example.org
including the following details: NAME(s), CATEGORY, CONTACT NO.
3. Our staff will acknowledged your e-mail. Your BIB can be claimed during the raceday.(wait for further advise for changes)